I am a weirdo and here is one of the many reasons why. I don’t drink coffee. I don’t drink lattes, or frappachinos, or cappachinos, or americanos. I don’t even eat coffee flavored ice cream. As a photographer, I’m always meeting new people, and we usually end up chatting at a coffee shop. It makes sense. They’re quiet, we can sit down, they usually have free wifi. And I can always find something to order. Lavender sugar cookie and a caramel apple cider anyone? But what if our auto reply wasn’t always “let’s meet up and grab coffee.” Here are 7 alternatives to meeting someone in a coffee shop:
- Grab some ice cream. Who doesn’t love ice cream? There are even some vegan, lactose free, and low sugar options at many places.
- Get some sandwiches. I don’t know about you, but I am much more pleasant to talk to on a full stomach.
- Go on a doughnut date. Especially in Denver, amazing doughnut places are abound. They’re delicious, cheap, and did I mention delicious?
- Explore a library or bookstore. What better way to network than by being surrounded by knowledge! Libraries usually have a group work area and bookstores often have a place to sit and hang out. These options are absolutely free and usually have wifi as well.
- Visit your local art gallery. Meeting at an art gallery provides loads of inspiration and can even make you happier. This is the perfect idea if you’re networking with another creative professional.
- Enjoying an outdoor, public music performance. Listening to music also makes you happier and more inspired. If you sit toward the back or farther away from the stage, you can have a lovely conversation with some nice, live background music. Plus, you get to enjoy the fresh air and some fun people watching. Buy the band’s CD and you’re supporting local artists as well. Bonus!
- Hang out in a park. Connect with nature and a new person at the same time! Parks are free and quiet. They have ample seating and some of them even have wifi.
So the next time, you’re planning to meet someone, break out of the coffee shop box and try something new!
P.S. These all happen to be awesome date ideas as well.
Wanna meet me and chat somewhere other than a coffee shop? Send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.